04 August 2009

And so it begins.......

I spent my childhood summers on a Danish beach. After a storm, the sand would shine with the bodies of thousands of jellyfish, as far as my eyes could see. I would spend hours picking them up and putting them back in the ocean, in hopes of trying to save them.

One time, I picked up a rather large jelly, and it split in half. I burst into tears, and my father came running. When I showed him why, he knelt beside me and told me that I shouldn't cry, that I actually made two new jellyfish. 

A jellyfish heart is a heart that splits and multiplies, growing into a life of it's own. 





This is where I will share all of my many loves.......with you.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful writing! I've always been terrified, but drawn to jellyfish – I was stung once when I was younger and can recall the memory clearly!

    ReplyDelete